Quick Pesto Cream Pasta. Learn how to cook our Quick and Easy Creamy Pesto Pasta recipe. This easy pasta recipe is perfectly served with shrimp. ➤ Click here to see the full recipe. Heat prepared pesto in a sauté pan.
After mixing in the Pesto I felt that the sauce was still too thin and I didn't think it would stick well to the pasta. This creamy pesto pasta sauce takes the summery flavors of basil into a thicker, creamier sauce! But you know what I also like? You can have Quick Pesto Cream Pasta using 5 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Quick Pesto Cream Pasta
- You need of Pasta of choice.
- Prepare of Heavy cream, Ok half-and-half or whole milk will work too.
- It’s of Basil Pesto.
- Prepare of Parmasen cheese.
- It’s of Oil (if making pasta ahead of time).
Pesto has the flavor to beat Thick, creamy, pesto-y goodness! It's quick, it's easy, it's a total crowd-pleaser. Especially if I'm part of the. Serve this delicious sauce over your favorite pasta for a quick, delectable meal.
Quick Pesto Cream Pasta step by step
- Cook pasta according to directions on the box (be sure to salt the water) and drain… Now if you're going to eat when it's ready move on to step 2…. I make this on sports practice nights and I MAKE IT AHEAD of time like this: Cook and drain pasta, rinse pot under cold water, return pasta to pot and pour in a little oil just enough to coat and stir it or be lazy like me and put the lid on and shake it a couple times 🙂 place the pot with the lid on in the fridge..
- Return drained pasta to pot, add cream and pesto to taste and heat over medium heat. If your using heavy cream take it easy with the heat, scorched cream is going to ruin your meal and your day as your kids start to yell, "Gross! What's that smelI?" And you have to sigh and explain it WAS dinner…. Sorry I'm back… Moving on….
- Uncermoniously dump prepared pasta into a bowl, or spoon it into a fancy serving dish, or eat it directly from the pot… I'm not judging you…..
- Feel free to add chicken, sausage, steak, or veggies to make it a complete well balanced meal. I serve it with a simple salad and a smile at conquering dinner in less than 15 minutes :).
Do NOT substitute half-and-half for the heavy cream if you want a thick sauce. My solution was to create a creamy white sauce and then mix it with pesto. I suppose you could just heat cream until it thickened and then add pesto. Looking for an easy pasta dish? This Creamy Pesto Spaghetti from Delish.com is the best. heavy cream.