Pasta with Tuna. This canned tuna pasta recipe is quick, healthy, and comforting. This tuna garlic pasta recipe takes me back to my childhood. My mom used to make something similar when I was a kid, and I just loved it.
Canned tuna is used to make this yummy tomato sauce. Tuna pasta is a refreshing pasta dish, suitable for all seasons and it can be enjoyed hot right away or even cold as a salad. This quick and comforting Creamy Tuna Pasta with Peas and Parmesan is a fast and easy weeknight dinner that only requires a few simple ingredients. You can cook Pasta with Tuna using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pasta with Tuna
- It’s 1-2 Tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 of small chopped onion.
- It’s 1/2-3/4 cup of chopped baby carrots.
- It’s 1/2-3/4 cup of chopped celery.
- Prepare 1-2 of jalapeno peppers seeded and sliced (optional).
- Prepare 1-6 ounce of can tuna.
- It’s 1-28 ounce of can diced tomatoes.
- Prepare 1/2 can of tomato paste.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of oregano.
- You need 1 tsp of basil.
- Prepare of Pasta of choice.
- You need of Parmesan cheese (optional).
- You need of Crushed red peppers (optional).
This easy recipe for Tuna Pasta with Olives in tomato sauce is made with ingredients from your Quick, easy, and absolutely delicious, this recipe makes a pasta in tomato sauce using canned tuna. But like all children of immigrant families, mom had a cheap solution for times like this: pasta with tuna. Your standard pasta salad recipe is getting a refresh. Light, tangy, and flavorful, this tuna pasta salad is an easy Flaky tuna, briny black olives, sweet cherry tomatoes, and a bright squeeze of lemon.
Pasta with Tuna step by step
- Saute olive oil, onion, carrots, celery and jalapeno peppers slowly in a large covered saute pan..
- When vegetables are crisp tender, add tuna to pan and saute a bit longer..
- Add diced tomatoes, tomato paste, sugar, salt, oregano and basil to pan and simmer (covered) for 20 to 30 minutes..
- Serve over top of your favourite pasta (I normally use spagetti or penne) and sprinkle with parmesan cheese and/or crushed red peppers if desired..
In a large pasta bowl, break up the tuna. When the pasta is al dente, drain and transfer to the bowl with the tuna. Add the tomato sauce with the olives, toss everything together, and serve. This Tuna Tomato Pasta is quick and easy to prepare and a great family meal. Why Tuna Tomato Pasta Is a Great Family Meal: Pantry Ingredients: The majority of the ingredients for this dish are.