Creamy Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce. This classic, vegan Roasted Butternut Squash Sauce with sage is a delicious accompaniment to your favorite pasta! It's healthy, surprisingly easy to make and need I say absolutely delicious! Spiced and creamy (yet cream-less) butternut squash sauce tossed with whole grain linguine.
My butternut squash pasta sauce relies on a nut or dairy fat to help balance the starch, creating a creamy, almost cheese-like texture that is marked with a hint of the squash's sweetness. I gave the option of including cashew, almond or dairy to allow for different preferences. We've served out creamy butternut squash pasta sauce with linguini, but you can experiment with any other pasta you like. You can cook Creamy Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Creamy Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce
- Prepare 2 of Butternut Squash.
- It’s of Olive oil.
- It’s of Water.
- It’s 12 oz of box Gluten Free Penne pasta.
- You need of Butter.
- Prepare of Chicken broth.
- It’s Half of and half.
- You need 1/4 of onion minced.
- You need 2 of large cloves garlic minced.
- You need of Sun dried tomatoes cut up (as many as you like).
- It’s of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Cavender's Greek Seasoning.
- Prepare of Pasta water.
Crispy sage adds a punch of flavour and refined feel to this simple pasta dish. We've used a little olive oil, but if you want to make a more indulgent version you can fry the sage in. Butternut squash has a naturally creamy texture when blended, so we have put that to good use. If you don't usually like butternut squash, give this a try as it might just change your mind.
Creamy Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce instructions
- Heat oven to 400 degrees and cut both squash in half then scoop out the seeds.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place squash face down on baking tray with about a half a cup of water.
- Roast for 50-60 minutes.
- Take out oven and cool for 10 minutes then turn over and scoop out roasted squash and place into a pot on the stove with some butter.
- Meanwhile boil your pasta in another pot (save one cup of the pasta water) and saute the onion and garlic and cut up your sun dried tomatoes.
- Mash squash with a potato masher and turn the heat to LO on the stove top.
- Add chicken broth, half and half, sun dried tomatoes, onion, garlic and Cavender's and continue to stir until desired creaminess.
- When pasta is done, drain and add to the squash mixture. Add some pasta water to make it stick to the penne.Turn off heat and place top on the pot to let the pasta absorb the sauce !! 💗💗💋😘💗💗😋😋Serve immediately and ENJOY!!.
You also don't need to drown pasta in sauce, just add a little bit as less is more when it comes to Italian cooking. Butternut squash is a true favorite of many, and it makes good sense. Not only is it a super comforting, buttery, melt-in-your-mouth kind of vegetable, but it's also surprisingly delicious as a pasta sauce! And it's so creamy that additional cream isn't even needed. Or Brown Butter Alfredo Sauce drool.