Roasted bell pepper sauce for pasta. This roasted bell pepper sauce is one of the simplest, most delicious pasta sauces I've ever eaten. It also happens to be full of protein and vegetables. It's silky smooth and tastes like rich, creamy roasted red peppers, not at all like tofu.
You can either roast the peppers yourself or buy jarred roasted bell peppers. Vibrant red bell pepper pasta sauce, made with roasted red bell peppers, garlic, onion, sage, anchovies, tomato paste, red wine, paprika, Parmesan. I originally made the sauce to go with pici pasta, a hand-rolled, fat spaghetti-like shape that is a little like a marriage between bucatini and. You can cook Roasted bell pepper sauce for pasta using 10 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Roasted bell pepper sauce for pasta
- Prepare 3-4 of bell peppers, red and yellow.
- Prepare 6-8 of roma tomatoes.
- You need 1 head of or bulb of roasted garlic.
- It’s 1 of medium yellow onion.
- Prepare 1 cup of whipping cream(heavy cream).
- It’s of Salt.
- You need of Pepper.
- Prepare of Olive oil.
- It’s of Basil, fresh or dry.
- Prepare of pasta, fresh or dry.
Roasted bell peppers are seasoned with olive oil, garlic, oregano, and crushed red peppers. Bell peppers: Red, orange, green or yellow (whatever color combination you want). I like to use several different colors – it makes for a Roasted Turkey Legs. Serve this marvelous sauce warm or cold over your favorite pasta.
Roasted bell pepper sauce for pasta instructions
- Cut the roma tomatoes into quarters, cut the onion into large pieces and place them into a baking dish, drizzle them with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt, black pepper, and basil..
- Bake in a 400F oven for about 35 minutes. Take out and let cool..
- Blacken the bell peppers under the broiler then place in an air tight container for 5-10 minutes to make it easy to peel them..
- Peel and seed the peppers and cut them into 1 inch pieces..
- Place the bell peppers, onion, tomatoes, and garlic into a food processor or blender and pulse until not quite smooth (small rustic chunks are what you are looking for)..
- Pour into a sauce pan over medium-low heat and let simmer 10-15 minutes..
- Add the cream and adjust the salt and pepper to taste..
- Let the sauce simmer, stirring frequently while you boil your pasta..
- Once the pasta is done, drain it and fold it into the sauce..
- Serve as a side or as a main with salad and garlic bread.
- Optional- add some tail on shrimp to the sauce while its simmering to make a tasty main dish..
Add the roasted red bell peppers, garlic cloves, jalapenos to a blender (I used my Vitamix) along with the remaining ingredients and puree until completely I'm coming out with another roasted red pepper pasta sauce soon! I'll try to keep in mind and have a tomato free version depending on what I create! This roasted bell pepper sauce is a new favorite at home. Apart from making soup and pasta, you can make a delicious sauce with roasted bell pepper. To make roasted bell pepper sauce you need very few ingredients and less time.