Braised Chicken, Andouille Mushroom Cream Sauce served over Orecchiette Pasta. Spicy andouille sausage and chicken are the starring attractions in this creamy mushroom sauce. Add some cayenne pepper if you like it even Melt the margarine in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook sausage and chicken with the Creole seasoning until the meat is about halfway done.
Pour drippings from casserole into a skillet set over medium-low heat. Whisk in wine and sour cream, and cook until warmed through. Chicken Penne with Mushroom Cream Sauce. You can have Braised Chicken, Andouille Mushroom Cream Sauce served over Orecchiette Pasta using 23 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Braised Chicken, Andouille Mushroom Cream Sauce served over Orecchiette Pasta
- You need 2 ounces of egg.
- Prepare 2 ounces of milk.
- It’s 6 of each- 3 ounce chicken breast pieces.
- It’s 1 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of each of salt,pepper,garlic,sage and Cajun seasoning.
- You need 2 ounces of oil.
- It’s 1 Pound of pasta, fresh (We used Orecchiette pasta….your choice:).
- It’s 2 ounces of butter.
- It’s 2 ounces of flour.
- Prepare 1 quart of chicken stock.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of thyme.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of sage.
- You need 8 fluid ounces of heavy cream or half and half.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of Crystal hot sauce.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper.
- You need 3 ounces of andouille sausage, sliced.
- It’s 4 ounces of sliced mushrooms — sliced.
- Prepare 1/2 pint of cherry tomatoes- diced — diced or quartered.
- Prepare 4 of each scallions- whites only — finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of parsley, chopped — add to finish.
- It’s 1/4 cup of scallion greens — add to finish.
Braised Chicken Tenderloins with Creamy Mushroom Sauce. I always serve this chicken with wild rice, as I think it's the perfect accompaniment. But plain white or brown rice work just as well. Egg noodles or your favorite pasta are also great sides to accompany the creamy sauce that smothers this chicken.
Braised Chicken, Andouille Mushroom Cream Sauce served over Orecchiette Pasta step by step
- Cook off the pasta per the directions and set aside..
- Mix the egg and milk together to make an egg wash..
- Dip the chicken into the egg wash and coat with the seasoned flour..
- Place the 2 ounces of oil in a large saute pan and brown the chicken take out and reserve for later..
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and add the flour and cook to make a blond roux 3 minutes on moderate heat..
- Gradually add the stock to the roux, stirring constantly with a whisk to prevent lumps..
- Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Add the cream the Crystal hot sauce and Worcestershire sauce..
- Simmer approximately 20 minutes..
- Saute sliced andouille sausage,mushrooms, finely dice scallions and garlic for 2 minutes then add the diced tomatoes and saute for an additional 2 minutes. Season with thyme,sage salt, pepper..
- Add the chicken and the sauce to the sauteed ingredients and simmer for 15 minutes. adjust seasonings as desired..
- Take out the chicken and toss the pasta with the sauce and the parsley and scallion greens..
The mushrooms, almonds, onions and celery are. Roquefort cream sauce over ribbons of pappardelle. This pasta dish is sort of a giant mushroom duxelles piled on top of fettuccine. I serve this over buttered egg noodles but rice or even a small pasta like orzo would be great for soaking up the sauce. Oh Lord why didn't we have any On those nights when dinner has to be done NOW, check out the creamy, garlicky richness of this chicken and mushroom cream sauce.