Mini Wagon Wheel Pasta Salad. Season to taste with salt & pepper. Just before serving, stir in the diced avocado. Fun Piccolini® Mini Wheels pasta surrounded by red peppers, crumbled feta, black olives, capers and garlic with a dash of lemon and chili pepper.
But instead of using greens as my base, I use hearty ingredients like pasta, beans, quinoa, and grains that will hold up well the next day. Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook according to package directions. You can cook Mini Wagon Wheel Pasta Salad using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mini Wagon Wheel Pasta Salad
- You need 1 (16 ounce) of package mini wagon wheel pasta (or any other pasta shape you have).
- You need 1 cup of shredded carrots (raw).
- You need 2/4 cups of sweet pickle relish (plus just a little extra).
- It’s 3 teaspoons of onion salt.
- You need 1 cup of mayonnaise.
- It’s 1 cup of sour cream.
- Prepare 2/4 cups of milk.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Prepare 1-2 teaspoons of white vinegar.
Wagon wheel pasta, called "ruote" or sometimes "rotelle" in Italian, is a popular cut for kids and picky eaters. Wagon wheel pasta is best paired with oil-, dairy- or smooth tomato-based sauces.. Turkey meatballs and fun wagon wheel pasta sprinkled with fresh Parmesan. While pasta cooks, combine breadcrumbs and milk.
Mini Wagon Wheel Pasta Salad step by step
- Bring water to a boil in a large pot, add salt to water……
- Cook wagon wheels pasta until al dente, drain and rinse in cold water, drain well….
- Put drained wagon wheels back into pot……
- Add to pot : carrots, pickle relish,onion salt, mayonnaise,sour cream, milk, black pepper and vinegar, mix all well……
- If needed, add just a little bit extra milk before serving, stirring well….. 🙂.
- Chill for several hours or overnight, stir thoroughly,serve and enjoy 😉!!.
Try this Wagon Wheel Pasta Salad recipe, or contribute your own. To make dressing, combine oil, vinegar, mustard, garlic and lemon juice and season to taste with salt and pepper. To make salad, cook pasta in boiling salted water until al dente. Pasta e Fagioli with Wagon Wheel PastaCupcake Project. beef broth, Italian parsley, Tabasco Sauce, great Mini Turkey Meatballs with Wagon Wheel PastaMyRecipes. This will be a salad that comes with me to every family party!!!!