Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad. And pasta salad may just be the glue that holds these cookouts together — I don't think I've ever been to any summertime celebration where there wasn't Your pasta salad and your cookout deserve to be amped up a notch or two, and that's why I've finally perfected this recipe for buffalo chicken pasta. This buffalo chicken pasta salad has the perfect combination of noodles, crisp veggies, tangy buffalo chicken and a cooling ranch sauce. Topped with creamy blue cheese for an easy summer salad the entire family will love!
The perfect side dish for any party! I recently shared the recipe for this buffalo I made this buffalo chicken pasta salad a little while ago for a cookout at my parents' house. It was nothing fancy, just the family and. You can cook Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad using 20 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad
- It’s 8 Oz. of boneless chicken meat, 1/2" dice (up to 8 ounces extra would work without changing the marinade and cornstarch mixture.
- Prepare of Marinade.
- Prepare 3 ounces of buttermilk.
- You need 3 ounces of crystal hot sauce.
- You need 2 tablespoons of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 ounce of lemon juice.
- Prepare of Corn starch mixture.
- It’s 1 cup of corn starch.
- You need 1 tablespoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of white pepper or black is fine.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of cayenne.
- Prepare 2 cups of oil- vegetable oil is fine.
- It’s 3 ounces of crystal hot sauce (See note below.. Hot Sauce Matters).
- You need 3 ounces of mayonnaise.
- Prepare 3 ounces of blue cheese, crumbled.
- It’s 8 of ounces- dry bow tie pasta- cooked per the box instructions.
- Prepare 1/2 of small red bell pepper or red onion, diced.
- You need 1 of green onion chopped.
- Prepare 1 stalk of celery 1 inch julienne cut.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of parsley,finely chopped.
Be the first to review this recipe. Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad is tender pasta tossed in a tangy buffalo wing sauce with shredded chicken, tomatoes, celery. Add a drizzle of ranch dressing and you're ready for a party! Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad is a quick and easy recipe perfect for a game day party or a summer picnic.
Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad step by step
- Mix the buttermilk, hot sauce, brown sugar and lemon juice together until the brown sugar is dissolve then add the diced chicken with the mixture in a zip-lock bag. Marinate chicken for several hours or overnight..
- (In class we marinate for 45 minutes the longer the better).
- Remove chicken from marinade – drain well.
- Mix the cornstarch,salt,white pepper and cayenne. Dredge chicken with seasoned cornstarch mixture and shake off the excess coating..
- In a deep skillet, heat about two cups of oil(depending on the pan size) over medium-high heat until hot. Test the temperature by dropping a pinch of flour into the hot oil. If it bubbles right away without smoking, it's ready..
- Fry at 350 F. until golden brown and cooked through. (I check the biggest piece) let cool before adding to the salad..
- Mix all pasta with the chicken, blue cheese, mayonnaise, hot sauce, red bell pepper or red onion, celery,green onion and parsley..
- You can garnish with extra blue cheese crumbles, and chopped parsley..
- Note #1.. Hot sauces very greatly Crystal Hot Sauce and Franks Hot Sauce work well… they are a sweet heat. Tabasco will ruin this recipe. It is just to hot…Great on Oysters not on this Recipe:).
- Note #2 If you do not want to fry, you can buy popcorn chicken at a grocery store or, KFC, or Popeyes and skip steps 1,2,3,4,5 :p.
Tender pasta is tossed with a creamy buffalo sauce and fresh vegetables all topped off with crumbled bleu cheese for a side dish bursting with flavor and crunch! This Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad is a fun, creamy, spicy twist on traditional pasta salad that makes a great main dish for lunch or dinner as well a crowd-pleasing potluck option. I liked the idea of lightening it up a bit by making it part pasta salad, part green salad using the Romaine and it turned out amazing. Buffalo Chicken Pasta BakeWhat's Cooking in the Burbs. The buffalo chicken flavor permeates throughout this pasta salad.