My Mom's Summer Pasta Salad. This is the perfect summer pasta salad loaded with fresh summer tomatoes and zucchini tossed in a light creamy dressing. I even snuck in some Greek yogurt for added creaminess but with all the other flavors you won't know it's there. This looks just like my mom's macaroni salad – only healthier.
You can easily change up the flavors, and I've typed up some suggestions below. These summer pasta salad recipes are perfect for potlucks, barbecues and more. Pasta salad is always a crowd favorite. You can cook My Mom's Summer Pasta Salad using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of My Mom's Summer Pasta Salad
- It’s 1/2 box of Rotini noodles, (I used tri-colored) cooked as instructed on box. Do not overcook!.
- You need 1 cup of Chopped tomato.
- Prepare 1 cup of Sliced green olives.
- Prepare 1 cup of Sliced black olives.
- Prepare 1 cup of Diced celery.
- You need 3/4 cup of Chopped onion (more or less, as desired) If you prefer, you can leave it out..
- It’s 1 cup of Your favorite Italian dressing.*** Add more if desired!.
- It’s 2 of Packets of Splenda or 4 tsp. sugar.
- It’s 1 of Fresh ground black pepper to taste!.
There are so many options and these recipes easily feed a crowd. This is the pasta salad that my mom makes. It's even better the day after. Summer Pasta Salad II. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines.
My Mom's Summer Pasta Salad step by step
- Boil your noodles as directed on box. Do not overcook! Drain..
- Add veggies to pasta in large bowl..
- Add Italian dressing and Splenda or sugar and ground pepper..
- Mix well, chill and enjoy!.
- Add more dressing the next day as needed, if put in the fridge overnight!.
This summer pasta salad recipe is also extremely customizable. This Simple Summer Pasta Salad is the perfect summery side dish for cookouts. Made with a homemade Italian dressing and tri-color rotini What more could you want as a kid in the summer!? Since I basically lived at Kristen's house all summer long, I ate a LOT of her mom's pasta salad. Wow, this totally takes me back to my childhood.