Italian Sub Tuna Macaroni Salad. Cooked macaroni is tossed with your favorite Italian dressing, then marinated overnight, for a creamy tuna-mac salad with loads of flavor. I had high hopes for this salad because of the marinating process. But in the end it wasn't too much different than any other macaroni salad.
This family favorite tuna macaroni salad is made with canned tuna, elbow mac, bell peppers, parsley, green onion, iceberg lettuce, and mayonnaise. Tuna Macaroni salad is satisfying dish all on its own, but is also the perfect side dish to complement a summer picnic or potluck. This salad has it all Tuna Macaroni Salad is quick and easy to make, even with all the fresh ingredients. You can cook Italian Sub Tuna Macaroni Salad using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Italian Sub Tuna Macaroni Salad
- Prepare 1 of pack/box Pasta.
- You need 1 can of tuna.
- Prepare 1 can of peas.
- It’s 1 of yellow onion.
- Prepare To taste of Green olives.
- Prepare To taste of Salami or similar sandwich meat.
- You need To taste of Cheddar cheese cubes.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of Miracle whip or Mayonnaise.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Pickle relish.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of Mustard.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Grated Parmesan cheese.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Garlic salt.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Pepper.
The tuna and hard boiled eggs make it hearty enough to enjoy on. Tuna macaroni salad holds a special place in my heart. It reminds me of big summertime cookouts and family reunions in Elberton. In my mind I can see my funny aunt Adrienne smiling her pretty, infectious smile while whipping up her always requested tuna macaroni salad.
Italian Sub Tuna Macaroni Salad instructions
- Boil pasta to soften noodles. Drain and set aside to cool. Meanwhile, Chop or Dice onion, olives, salami, & cheese..
- Drain tuna & peas and Combine with chopped ingredients in a medium mixing bowl..
- Add in all remaining Seasoning & Condiment ingredients and mix well to coat evenly..
- Enjoy as a side, a salad, or a snack!.
Tuna Macaroni Salad is a classic potluck recipe. It is creamy with lots of hard-boiled egg, peas, celery, onion, and sweet pickle relish. There's something about a cool and creamy recipe that really. This easy Tuna Macaroni Salad is a great twist on a classic side dish. It's perfect for a BBQ, potluck, or even enjoyed as a meal on its own for a simple weeknight I've always been a big fan of tuna salads and macaroni salads alike.