Mexican street corn pasta. That's what Mexican street corn is, after all-grilled corn topped with a zesty chile-lime spread and sprinkled with cheese. Just be prepared to get lots of requests for the recipe! This Mexican Street Corn Pasta Salad is one of my all time favorite meals (salads?) to hit the blog.
Mexican Street Corn, also known as Elote, is corn on the cob covered in mayonnaise or Mexican crema, then sprinkled with Cotija cheese, chili powder, and My street corn pasta salad recipe is in no way meant to be an authentic version. This is very much a Midwestern twist on a Mexican classic. Here's our take on Mexican street corn pasta salad…. You can have Mexican street corn pasta using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mexican street corn pasta
- Prepare 4 of cobs of corn grilled and cut (or one can of corn).
- It’s 1 lb of pasta cooked and drained.
- Prepare 1 cup of pasta water (for sauce).
- Prepare 1 cup of heavy or lite cream.
- Prepare 1 can of a cooked veggies (optional- I used green beans).
- Prepare of Grilled chicken or ground turkey cooked (optional).
- It’s of Chopped fresh parsley.
- You need 1/3 cup of Parmesan cheese.
- It’s 2 handfuls of Queso fresco crumbled.
- It’s of Sprinkle of pepper flakes.
- It’s to taste of Salt and pepper.
This street corn pasta salad has everything you could want: sweetness from the corn, saltiness from the bacon, creaminess from the dressing, brightness from the lime juice and spiciness from the jalapeño, chili and cayenne pepper. Mexican street corn (Elotes) is grilled corn on the cob, covered in a creamy chili lime dressing and cotija cheese. This pasta salad is a deconstructed version of traditional Mexican street corn, with a few tricks to get that smoky, grilled flavor without having to actually grill anything! Charred corn and pasta are tossed in a creamy chili-lime dressing and topped with cotija cheese and crispy bacon!
Mexican street corn pasta instructions
- Boil pasta and set aside. Grill corn and cut up..
- Add heavy cream and some pasta water to pan. Heat through and added the 2 cheeses, veggies, pasta, and seasoning..
- Add chicken and anything else you would want..
This delicious pasta salad recipe has all the great flavors of the popular Mexican Corn on the Cob, also known as Mexican Street Corn or Elotes. Street corn just became a potluck favorite in this simple pasta salad. How to make Mexican street corn pasta salad. Cook your pasta al dente; rinse with cool water and drain well. Once everything is ready, toss together.