Hawaiian Macaroni Salad. Hawaiian Macaroni Salad is one of my biggest guilty pleasures. It's traditionally served on a lunch plate with the bold flavors of BBQ. Hawaiian macaroni salad is different from mainland macaroni salad primarily because the pasta is cooked until it's very soft (some would say overcooked), and the mayonnaise dressing is thinned with.
Easy HAWAIIAN STYLE MACARONI SALAD Recipe Mac salad is a staple side dish in Hawaii. Our version is unique to the islands, often a bit tangy and loaded with add-ins like kamaboko and 'ulu (breadfruit). You can have Hawaiian Macaroni Salad using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Hawaiian Macaroni Salad
- It’s 2-1/2 cup of Hellmans Mayonnaise.
- You need 1 pound of elbow macaroni I used corkscrew.
- Prepare 1 cup of shredded carrots I used organic.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of milk.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- You need To taste of kosher salt and ground black pepper.
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook elbow macaroni in the boiling water, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite. Macaroni salad is a staple of the Hawaii-style plate lunch. Typically scooped onto lunch plates Hawaii: Where Mac Salad is King (excerpted from "Kau Kau: Cuisine and Culture in the Hawaiian.
Hawaiian Macaroni Salad step by step
- Cook the pasta as instructed on package. Drain..
- Grate the carrots.
- Mix the mayonnaise, milk, vinegar, and sugar. Add the carrots, salt, and pepper to the pasta..
- It's thick and creamy..
- Pour the mayonnaise mixture to the pasta and carrots..
- Mix everything well..
- It just needs to be chilled till throughly cooled. It can be made the day before. I hope you enjoy!.
Hawaiian macaroni salad is creamy, cool, and simply delicious! It comes together in a snap and can feed a crowd at your next BBQ or Hawaiian Macaroni Salad is creamy, cool, and simply delicious! Hawaiian Macaroni Salad Recipe – A Hawaiian lunch special! Hawaiian Macaroni Potato Salad – A Hawaiian plate lunch special! Creamy macaroni salad with tender chunks of potato, sweet peas.