Beetroot pasta. Once the pasta is cooked to your liking, drain and put back into the pan. Pour in all that beautiful beetroot sauce and mix through. The beets are bangin' in this eye-catching dish.
This receipe calls for so much butter so this recipe is not at all for weight loss. And if that wasn't challenging enough, I also decided to make Homemade Beetroot Pasta from Scratch! When the beetroot is done, leave to cool slightly so you can easily remove the skins and add to a bowl and mash to a coarse paste. You can cook Beetroot pasta using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Beetroot pasta
- It’s 1 cup of boiled rotini pasta.
- It’s 1 cup of diced onion.
- You need 1 cup of diced beetroot.
- It’s 1 cup of diced tomato.
- Prepare 1 cup of diced green onion.
- You need 1 cup of grated carrots.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of garam masala.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of chaat masala.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of red chilli powder.
- You need 2 tablespoons of ketchup.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of dark soy sauce.
You could make beetroot pasta from scratch by adding some beetroot powder to pasta dough for flavour and colour. I've used dried pasta instead, and tossed it in fried grated beetroot. A gorgeous and good for you pasta with beet sauce. Just blend tender cooked beets with ricotta and lemon juice and toss with hot pasta.
Beetroot pasta instructions
- Take some oil in a pan and add onion.
- Add all the spices and vegetables then cook well at low flame.
- Now add soy sauce and ketchup then add boiled rotini pasta.
- Mix well and enjoy so yumm healthier rotini with beetroot twist.
- Stay safe stay healthy.
This vegetarian beetroot pasta recipe makes the most out of the taste and colour of beetroot. My children love this tasty and healthy meal and it is often served to chants of 'pink pasta, pink pasta'. When I came across this recipe by Nadiya Hussain in BBC food , I wasn't really sure how beetroot would taste in pasta and was not too keen on trying it. Beetroot and pasta is a lovely combination, but for a change try this lovely summer pasta recipe using Golden Beetroot. This sunny colored vegetable has a slightly milder flavor than the regular heavily.