Greek Pasta Salad (Version 1). Wow.those seem like a lot of changes but I don't think it affected the overall essence of the dish. BTW: This is an embellished version of Greek Pasta Salad III.stick with this one. This Greek Pasta Salad is light and fresh, loaded with garden tomatoes, bell peppers and cucumbers.
All the flavors of classic Greek salad in a picnic-ready pasta salad! We've got kalamata olives, tomatoes, cucumber, and feta cheese, all tossed with pasta and a lemony dressing. This salad is easy to make ahead and pack up for your next backyard party. You can cook Greek Pasta Salad (Version 1) using 20 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Greek Pasta Salad (Version 1)
- It’s of Dressing.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of Dijon Mustard.
- It’s 1 of Lemon (Juice).
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Red Wine Vinegar.
- It’s 1/2-2/3 Cup of Olive Oil.
- Prepare 4 Cloves of Garlic (Minced).
- You need 6 Tbsp of Fresh Parsley (Chopped).
- You need 3-4 tsp of Dried Oregano.
- Prepare of Salt (To Taste).
- It’s of Pepper (To Taste).
- It’s 1 tsp of Sugar (Optional).
- Prepare of Salad.
- Prepare 1 lb of Rotini Pasta.
- You need 8 oz of Feta Cheese.
- Prepare 2 (6 oz.) of Cans Large Black Olives (Halved or Sliced).
- It’s 1 Cup of Carrots (Julienned).
- You need 1-2 Cup of Roma Tomatoes (Diced).
- You need 1 Cup of Broccoli Florets (Cut in small pieces)(Blanched 2 Mins).
- It’s 1 Cup of Cauliflower Florets (Cut in small pieces)(Blanched 2 Mins).
- You need 1/2 Cup of Freshly Grated Parmesan (Optional).
Greek Pasta Salad is a must have side dish recipe! It's so bright and refreshing, it's jam packed with veggies and bits of tangy feta, and it's perfectly Greek Pasta Salad and a Fun Competition. Who doesn't love an intense cooking competition? This delicious Greek Pasta Salad is filled with rotini pasta, tomatoes, cucumber, olives, and feta cheese and is covered in a tasty greek dressing!
Greek Pasta Salad (Version 1) step by step
- Prepare Pasta according to package directions. Shock or Rinse in Cold Water to stop cooking. Set aside..
- Mix all Dressing Ingredients in a medium bowl, except the Olive Oil. Pour Olive Oil in while stirring constantly, until consistency is right. Set aside..
- Prepare and Cut all Vegetables. When cutting the Tomatoes, remember to scoop out the seeds and juice, before dicing. Bring a Large Pot of Salted Water to a boil. Add Broccoli and Cauliflower Florets. Cook for Two Minutes. Strain and Shock in Cold Water. Drain and Set Aside..
- Pour Dressing in a Large Mixing Bowl. Add all Ingredients except Pasta. Stir. Add Pasta. Fold all Ingredients together. Taste for seasoning. If using Freshly Grated Parmesan, add it now. Mix everything again..
- Cover and Refrigerate for at least 1 Hour. Best if chilled for Several Hours. Enjoy!.
This recipe is my favorite version of Greek Pasta Salad, but you can easily add, subtract or substitute some of your favorite ingredients. This Greek Pasta Salad is a quick easy pasta dish that's a real crowd pleaser, so easy to make and How To Make this Greek Pasta Salad- Step by Step: One: Add the pasta to a pan of lightly salted I just made my own version of greek pasta salad with ingredients I happened to have laying around. Greek pasta salad with kalamata olives and oregano vinaigrette. The basic reasoning behind that is: A) pasta salad can take any and all kind of summer vegetables you have on hand and be perfectly happy and delicious, and B) pasta salad is easy as hell and gets even better after a day in the fridge. This Greek Pasta Salad is the salad you want to be seen with – and stuff your face with.