Ricotta Zucchini Pasta 🍝. Fresh ricotta is the base for a silky and comforting cheese sauce, and zucchini brings texture, color and flavor that complement the pasta. Finish the dish with basil and lemon juice at the end of cooking for a bright pop of flavor that makes this dish memorable (and worthy of repeating)! Notes on Pasta with Zucchini and Ricotta.
Ricotta makes this pasta rich and delicious. Use any extra in place of cream cheese on toast or as a substitute for cottage cheese anytime. Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling salted water, cook linguine according to package instructions. You can have Ricotta Zucchini Pasta 🍝 using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Ricotta Zucchini Pasta 🍝
- You need 6 of zucchini, peeled and sliced into coins.
- It’s 1 of onion, sliced.
- Prepare of olive oil.
- It’s 6 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 can of chicken broth, low sodium.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of basil leaves.
- Prepare of salt.
- You need 16 oz of pasta (your favorite!).
- Prepare 2 cups of whole milk ricotta cheese.
- It’s to taste of parmesan cheese.
Drain pasta and return to pot. Add oil, lemon zest, and zucchini. While pasta cooks, warm a serving bowl and put ricotta in it, along with about half the basil. When pasta is tender but not mushy, remove and drain it, reserving about a cup of its cooking liquid.
Ricotta Zucchini Pasta 🍝 step by step
- Heat olive oil in a pan…….
- Place your cut zucchini and sliced onion into olive oil, sauté for several minutes……..
- Add to zucchini and onion your minced garlic and black pepper, continue to sauté for several more minutes…….
- Now add your chicken broth and basil leaves, bring to a boil then reduce heat and continue to stir……
- Meanwhile, boil your favorite pasta, don’t forget to salt your water !.
- Drain pasta well, then add cooked pasta to zucchini mixture…….stir lightly…….
- Add into pasta / zucchini mix your ricotta cheese, stir on low heat until pasta and veggies are completely coated with the ricotta cheese…….remove from heat…….
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese onto each serving and enjoy 😉!!.
Use as much of this liquid as necessary, a bit at a time, to thin ricotta until it reaches a saucy consistency. For this pasta I combine the ricotta with zucchini, specifically zucchini Trombetta which I am growing in my garden. Zucchini Trombetta are long and curved In this pasta and Ricotta recipe you can substitute zucchini with many other vegetables. Ricotta combines well with many: spinach, tomatoes. zucchini, ricotta + rosemary pasta. Odds and ends she had left in the weekend house thinking 'these will come in handy' (a.k.a. pasta) Fresh cheeses she picked up at a store on the side of the highway (at least there's that) Zucchini and Ricotta Pasta.