Slow cooker 15 bean & ham soup with or without pasta. You just add all of the. Coat inside of slow cooker with cooking spray or olive oil. When serving a crowd, we put this chili on in the morning and then prepare a chili bar with toppings so our guests can help themselves!
Reviews for: Photos of Slow Cooker Fifteen Bean Soup. Slow cooker sloppy joes made with beans and beef! This simple crockpot recipe feeds a crowd and it's perfect for busy back to school dinners or for game day! You can have Slow cooker 15 bean & ham soup with or without pasta using 23 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Slow cooker 15 bean & ham soup with or without pasta
- It’s 1 bag of dried hurst 15 bean soup mix with seasoning packet.
- It’s of Optional 👇.
- It’s 1 tsp. of baking soda plus enough water to soak beans overnight.
- You need 2 cups of diced ham or 2 to 3 ham hocks.
- Prepare 1 of small yellow onion diced.
- Prepare 2 of carrots peeled and diced.
- It’s 2 stalks of celery peeled and diced.
- You need 1 Tbsp. of garlic minced.
- You need 1/4 cup of butter.
- It’s 2 tsp. of dried basil.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of black pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp. of dried thyme.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- It’s 4 cups of water.
- Prepare 4 cups of low sodium chicken broth.
- You need 1 (14.5 oz) of can Italian flavored diced tomatoes or use petite >.
- Prepare of tomatoes with 1 tsp. Italian seasonings mixed in.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of salt.
- Prepare 3 cups of chopped kale.
- It’s 1/2 of lemon juiced.
- You need 2 tsp. of hot sauce.
- It’s of (Optional)1 1/2 cups ditalina pasta.
- You need of Shredded Parmesan cheese.
Pressure/Slow Cook: Add the soaked beans to the Instant Pot. These slow cooker baked beans cook low and slow for six to eight hours. After six hours, begin tasting the beans for doneness and go ahead and add the salt. The beans are done when they are creamy throughout and the sauce is richly thick.
Slow cooker 15 bean & ham soup with or without pasta instructions
- Place the beans in a colander and sort out any debris, rinse beans and either add to slow cooker or to a pot and cover with water and add 1 teaspoon baking soda and let it sit overnight it's optional but i prefer it..
- If you soaked the beans give them a quick rinse and add to slow cooker.
- Add in ham, onion, carrots, celery, garlic, butter, basil, thyme, pepper, bay leaf, broth and water.
- Cover slow cooker and don't open lid while cooking. Set on high for 8 hours.
- After 8 hours remove bay leaf and shred ham hocks if used and discard bone and add in tomatoes, hot sauce, kale, salt, lemon juice and pasta if adding. Stir up and cover and cook for 20 more minutes and then stir in flavor packet that was in with the beans. Serve and top with some Parmesan cheese if desired. It's also great with buttered cornbread on the side. Enjoy !.
Slow cooker beans is an easy way to save money on healthy food. Soak first to de-gas the beans and the slow cooker does the cooking for hands-off meals! The kids love having black bean brownies regularly for dessert! Not only is this recipe a great way to cook a big batch of. Find this Pin and more on Best Slow Cooker Recipes by The Magical Slow Cooker® – Slow Cooker Recipes.