Penne Pasta with Meat Sauce. Penne pasta tossed with a simple tomato sauce with ground beef, onions, Italian seasoning, garlic, and basil. This penne pasta dish is a perfect, budget-friendly The main trick to this penne pasta recipe? Sufficiently browning the meat for the meat sauce!
There is something so comforting about have a big bowl of warm pasta topped with. This family favorite pasta dish adds a unique creamy meat sauce to make penne or ziti pasta that will please kids and adults alike. The tomato and beef sauce can be modified with ground Italian sausage. You can cook Penne Pasta with Meat Sauce using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Penne Pasta with Meat Sauce
- You need 1/2 lb of pasta.
- It’s 1 lb of ground beef.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of extra virgin oil.
- It’s 1 of large onion chopped.
- You need 5 cloves of garlic chopped.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Italian seasoning.
- You need 1/2 tsp of basil.
- You need 1/2 tsp of thyme.
- You need 1 tsp of oregano.
- It’s Dash of red pepper flakes.
- It’s 2 1/2 cups of canned chunky tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 tsp of sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of chopped fresh parsley.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
Or use ground turkey or chicken chunks if you don't eat red meat. Pasta with meat sauce or red meat sauce has my name written all over it. There is something so comforting about have a big bowl of warm pasta topped with If you want to make your own Penne Pasta with Meat Sauce, then follow the step by step guide below or watch the video tutorial here Penne with Meat Sauce. Quick-to-grab ingredients make this hearty ground beef and pasta dish super easy.
Penne Pasta with Meat Sauce instructions
- Cook the penne pasta: Heat to boiling a large pot with 4 quarts of water in it. Once the water is boiling, salt it with 2 Tbsp of salt. Once the water returns to a boil add the pasta to the pot. Leave uncovered, let cook on high heat with a vigorous boil. Put the timer on for 8-10 minutes, or whatever your pasta package says is appropriate for al dente (cooked but still a little firm). Drain..
- Sauté onions, garlic, with seasonings: Once you've started to heat the water, start working on the sauce. Heat olive oil in a very large skillet on medium heat. Add the chopped onion, oregano and red pepper flakes. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the onions are softened. Add the garlic, thyme, season with salt and pepper. Cook for an additional minute, until the garlic is fragrant. Remove from heat and set aside..
- Brown the ground beef: Heat a large cast iron pan on high heat. Salt the bottom of the pan generously. Once the pan is hot, break up small chunks of ground beef and add them to the pan, without stirring. (You may need to work in batches; do not crowd the pan.) You want the meat to get well browned..
- Add beef and tomato sauce to onions: Use a slotted spoon to lift the meat from the cast iron pan and add it to the pan with the seasoned onions. Add tomato sauce. Use the edge of your metal spatula to break up the bigger chunks of meat into smaller pieces. Add basil. Add a teaspoon of sugar. Bring to a simmer on low heat, let cook, uncovered, for 15 minutes..
- Adjust seasonings and add the pasta: Once the sauce has simmered for 15 minutes, adjust seasonings. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add a little more sugar if the sauce is too acidic. Add more tomato sauce if the sauce is a little dry. Stir in the cooked penne pasta. Sprinkle with chopped parsley. Serve immediately..
AKA, Instant Pot Penne Pasta With Meat Sauce. But, there is the drawback of browning the meat and warming the sauce in one pan, and boiling water in a pot for the pasta. This Creamy Garlic Penne Pasta is a white sauce pasta that is great on it's own, but could be even heartier if you add chicken or another favorite meat. If you like pasta dishes I would definitely try this one out. It's super cheesy and has just the right touch of garlic and other spices making it another.