Organic Vegan Basil Pesto Pasta. Cheesy and flavorful, plus an option for lower fat. The perfect plant-based spread for Italian dishes and more! Cilantro Basil Pesto Recipe – healthy, easy and done in minutes!
I wasn't disappointed with this vegan oil-free basil pesto with pasta dish! This pasta brand was highest rated at America's Test. A majority of vegetarian pasta recipes can also be made into vegan-appropriate versions with a simple ingredient swap. You can cook Organic Vegan Basil Pesto Pasta using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Organic Vegan Basil Pesto Pasta
- You need of Pesto Sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 2 cups of Fresh Basil.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of walnuts.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of nutritional yeast.
- It’s 2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of sea salt.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of water (plus more as needed).
- It’s of Pasta.
- You need 1/2 pack of spaghetti or any kind of pasta.
- You need 1/2 cup of green peas.
- Prepare 1 cup of mushrooms.
- It’s 1/2 cup of minced onion.
We've highlighted a few recipes Armed with your favorite pesto recipe (store-bought is fine, too!), you can marinate fresh zucchini to become super tender overnight. We used a mix of fresh basil and parsley in this pesto as the parsley provides a lovely balance to the flavor. While this pesto is awesome with some pasta it's not the only place for it! It's also divine spread on some crusty bread or on top of a delicious vegan pizza!
Organic Vegan Basil Pesto Pasta step by step
- Boil water and cook the pasta, set aside.
- Add all the Pesto sauce in the blender for 2 minutes.
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil in a pan and sauté mushrooms and onion.
- Add green peas and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add cooked Pasta.
- Add Pesto Sauce.
- Mixed well, add salt and pepper to taste.
This fresh, homemade vegan basil pesto tastes summery and delicious. You can stir it into your pasta, drizzle it on a salad, and smear it on a pizza or sandwich. Blend all ingredients for the pesto in a blender (add olive oil last) and season with salt, pepper and nutritional yeast to desired taste. Vegan and non-vegan palates alike will thank you for serving up this delicious pasta meal! If you loved the refreshing flavors of spring in the Easy Green Pesto The best pasta for for this basil pesto pasta dish is going to be a wide noodle like fettuccine, or one with lots of twists and turns or ridges like fusilli.