Pasta w butternut squash sauce, sausage and spinach. Start a pot of boiling water. Cook your pasta according to directions on the box. Butternut squash makes the creamiest sauce, which makes it a healthy, lighter alternative to cream sauces made with heavy cream and butter.
Different from the norm with turkey sausage, roasted butternut squash, balsamic vinegar, and sage. I roasted the squash w/ olive oil, sage, a tbls of butter and a bit of chicken stock. We had neither sausage nor balsamic vinegar, but we had chicken breasts and vinaigrette salad. You can cook Pasta w butternut squash sauce, sausage and spinach using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pasta w butternut squash sauce, sausage and spinach
- You need Half of pound Italian sausage.
- It’s of Crushed red pepper flakes.
- You need Half of pound pasta.
- You need of Trader Joe’s Autumnal Harvest pasta sauce.
- You need of Parmesan cheese.
- You need 1 handful of Baby spinach.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves; minced.
Add cooked pasta, sausage, butternut squash, and spinach to the sauce and toss everything together so it is all coated in a rich creamy sauce. Then you're ready to sit down and eat! Butternut squash, sweet Italian sausage, sage and pasta go together like, well like butternut squash and sage. Everything is cooked in the same pan When we heat the butter and it starts to brown (caramelize), it adds a ton of flavor.
Pasta w butternut squash sauce, sausage and spinach step by step
- Start a pot of boiling water. Cook your pasta according to directions on the box. I used fusilli so it can pick up that amazing sauce!.
- In a separate pan, cook the sausage, red pepper flakes, and garlic on med high heat until no longer pink. No oil needed. I started with half a tsp of red pepper flakes..
- Don’t forget your pasta!!!!! Keep some pasta water on the side. Leave the pasta in a strainer..
- Add in the pasta sauce to the pan w sausage. Simmer until bubbly..
- Then the spinach..
- Arrange your bowl! Pasta, sauce, top w shredded Parmesan and pepper if ya like! (I love freshly cracked black pepper) Enjoy!.
We're really "pan roasting" the butternut squash for this dish. Creamy Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce with Fresh PastaA Side Of Sweet. Butternut squash and spinach pasta with Roquefort cheese and walnutsOn dine chez Nanou. This butternut squash and spinach pasta is super easy to make. The oven does most of the work so you can move on to more important tasks, homework, laundry Pour cooked pasta and spinach into a large bowl and add roasted squash mix.