No Boil Baked Pasta. Campbell's used to make a jarred pasta bake sauce that I loved when my kids were little and time was short! When it was discontinued I discovered that the same recipe could be used with any jarred pasta sauce. This pasta bake is done in one pan and doesn't require you to even boil the pasta first.
How to Bake Pasta Without Boiling it First. When the weather outside is frightful, nothing is more delightful than a large amount of tomato-y, cheesy, baked pasta. You may think that this requires dirtying many dishes—a pot for boiling, a pot for making sauce, and then a baking dish—but this is. You can have No Boil Baked Pasta using 12 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of No Boil Baked Pasta
- You need 1/2 pounds of dry pasta.
- You need of Sauce.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of tomato sauce.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of broth or water.
- Prepare 3 oz. of Block of cream cheese (nice but optional).
- Prepare 1-2 cloves of garlic (or powder).
- Prepare 1 of salt to taste.
- Prepare 1 of pepper to taste.
- Prepare 1 of hot sauce to taste.
- It’s 1 tsp of Italian seasoning (optional).
- It’s of Topping.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of grated cheese.
Hands free healthy pasta recipes FTW! Simply mix uncooked pasta, sauce, Italian sausage, and spinach together, then bake for a cozy, comforting dinner. You can't even boil a pot of water in that amount of time, but pasta is still your friend! Yes, this pasta casserole doesn't even require cooked pasta — just dried.
No Boil Baked Pasta instructions
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Spray 8X8 baking pan, break long noodles in half if you need to, to make then fit inside your pan, place pasta in pan..
- Warm cream cheese, i just microwave it for like 30 seconds. Then I cube it..
- Mix all sauce ingredients in a bowl. Mince garlic if using fresh. Try to break up and mix the cream cheese in as best as you can..
- Pour sauce over pasta, mix.
- Cover with foil, bake 30 minutes.
- Uncover, I like to stir it, just to break up any sticking to each other noodles, and mix in any liquid hanging out at the sides..
- Put about a cup of shredded cheese of your choice on top, place back in oven, uncovered, to just melt the cheese, not going for browned at this point..
- Remove from oven (but it's going back in).
- Stir the melted cheese into the pasta, that's the goal here..
- Add the rest of the cheese on top, place back in oven, uncovered, until melted and browned to your liking, about 13 minutes for me with this cheese..
- Let sit for 2-5 minutes to solidify, than serve..
It will take you five minutes to prep for the oven — no, I'm not exaggerating. It's hard to overstate how liberating no-boil pasta recipes can be on busy nights when you just can't handle the idea of toiling over a hot stove. No-boil, fail-proof, garlic-buttery, easy dreamy weeknight dinner. You can mix up UNCOOKED – repeat – UNCOOKED pasta, tomatoes, milk (!), garlic, and butter, in a pan and pop it in your oven and it will bake into something that tastes like you spent hours. If a warm, cheesy bowl of gluten-free pasta is your idea of comfort food, you'll want to try this easy baked version—no boiling required and only one pot!