Cajun chicken pasta salad. Chicken dredged in Cajun spices is sauteed with bell peppers and mushrooms, and presented in a basil-cream sauce over linguine. Reviews for: Photos of Cajun Chicken Pasta. Chicken Cajun Pasta Salad = Best Picnic Lunch.
Easy One Pot Cajun Chicken & Pasta Recipe. There are several ways you can customize this super simple and delicious one pot pasta. BUT you can adjust the heat by adjusting the amount of cayenne pepper in the Cajun seasoning. You can cook Cajun chicken pasta salad using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cajun chicken pasta salad
- You need of Orecchiette pasta.
- It’s of Cavatapi pasta.
- It’s 1/8 cup of Paul Prudome poultry seasoning at least.
- Prepare of Italian dressing.
- Prepare of French dressing.
- Prepare of Bell peppers different colors cut into matchsticks and chunks.
- It’s of Black olives.
- You need of Green onion.
- Prepare of Yellow onion.
- You need 3 halves of Chicken breast.
- It’s of The best olive oil you can find.
You can cut it in half for just. A chicken salad done Louisiana style with a remoulade, Tabasco sauce and a little Cajun spice. Or your belly if you decide to make this Cajun twist on the classic chicken salad. It's easy enough, you can basically prep the ingredients as the chicken is poaching.
Cajun chicken pasta salad instructions
- Boil pasta al dente drain… set aside.
- Put oil in skillet (this gets really smokey if you can do this outside do it)Cut chicken breasts into bite sized chunks coat with olive oil…and paul prudome poultry seasoning (coat it well) when the oil in the skillet is smoking (be careful fine line here between smoking and a fire) the coated chicken gets crispy in the high heat (blackened) cook through..
- Have chopped peppers onion olives chopped and ready.
- When chicken is done add rest of veggies.
- Stir for a minute or 2 then add french dressing and Italian dressing let it simmer for a few minutes..
- Cool off (tastes great warm too).
- Put cooled pasta salad in fridge overnight.
- Flavors get better overnight!!!.
- This can be adjusted to feed a few or alot of people…. use amounts that make sense to you (I know….for you people who measure everything this kinda sucks sorry).
This creamy Cajun chicken pasta makes an amazing and easy weeknight dinner… Or, the best ever addition to any potluck, picnic, or tailgating party. You can easily chop the vegetables and prepare the creamy cajun mayo ahead of time to save time in the kitchen. But, of course, my favorite reason? Cajun Chicken Pasta is lightened up, made with chicken strips, bell peppers, red onion, mushrooms and scallions in a creamy light Cajun sauce. One of the easiest ways to lighten up a pasta dish is to add tons of protein and vegetables to your dish which keeps the portions.