Baked Red lentil pasta with white sauce. Serve over gluten-free pasta for a delicious plant-based meal! I've wanted to make a dish with red lentils for a while now, because they're tender, slightly sweet, cook quickly, and pair especially well with sauces and. A very flexible red lentils recipe.
This protein-packed lentil pasta is a super easy weeknight meal, guaranteed to please even the pickiest of eaters! It looks like just plain pasta This is the perfect recipe for kids who refuse to eat anything but pasta with red sauce because there are lentils, veggies and protein hidden in this recipe. Skim off any foam that rises to surface with a spoon. You can have Baked Red lentil pasta with white sauce using 22 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Baked Red lentil pasta with white sauce
- Prepare of Red lentils pasta.
- You need 1 of carrot.
- It’s 1 of Zucchini.
- You need 1 of beetroot.
- You need 1/4 portion of cabbage.
- Prepare 1 of onion.
- It’s of Oregano.
- Prepare of Black pepper.
- It’s of Red chilli flakes.
- It’s of Cron kernels.
- Prepare of Spinach puree.
- You need of Crushed garlic.
- Prepare of Ginger paste.
- You need of Green chilli paste.
- Prepare of Shredded cheese.
- Prepare 1 cup of milk.
- It’s of Wheat flour.
- Prepare of Salt.
- It’s of Sriracha.
- It’s of Soy sauce.
- Prepare of Chilli sauce.
- It’s of Olive oil.
Spoon over the yogurt, garnish with coriander and serve with the coleslaw and lemon. How to make Red and White Pasta. Cook: Boil the pasta and drain. Don't let the cheesy sauce in Red and White Pasta stick to the foil that covers your baking pan.
Baked Red lentil pasta with white sauce step by step
- Boil pasta according to directions.After its boiled strain it.Meanwhile pasta is boiling start working with vegetables.Add vegetables in chopper/ food processor and chop them.Do not over chop them.Just or two push and it should be done..
- In a wok/ pan,add olive oil,add in crushed garlic,ginger paste and green chili paste and cook until rawness of garlic is completely gone.Now add in all the chopped vegetables and salt and cook them.After they are cook add in spinach purée and further cook for few minutes.Now add in soy sauce,Sriracha and chilli sauce.Add in cooked pasta and stir it.Pasta is already..
- Now add in soy sauce,Sriracha and chilli sauce..
- Add in cooked pasta and stir it.Pasta is already..
- For white Sauce:- In a pan add in olive oil.Add 2-3 tbs wheat flour and roast until it’s golden in color.Now add in milk little by little, make sure there are no lumps.Keep stirring while adding mily.Once it starts to boil add in oregano,chili flakes,black pepper and salt. Stir it well and turn off flame..
- Baking :- Preheat oven to 450 degrees fahrenheit.In a baking tray combine pasta and white sauce and stir well.Sprinkle some cheese on top..
- Now put it into oven and bake it for 10 minutes.After 10 minutes reduce the temperature to 400 degrees fahrenheit and bake it for 10 more minutes.And last Broil it for 2-3 minutes.Keep eye on it while broil. Now pasta is already to serve..
Or use a healthier pasta alternative such as chickpea cavatappi, veggie rotini, or lentil penne. I followed this recipe somewhat–I added half an onion to the mushroom/garlic mixture while it was sauteing used a mixture of hot & mild Italian sausage and I had some oven-roasted red peppers which I cut up and added to the pan when I put the heavy cream & sausage in to make the sauce. A wonderful gluten free alternative to traditional fusilli pasta made from ground lentils, this pasta can be included in a wide range of dishes, just as wholewheat pasta can be. The many different types of pasta make it a versatile ingredient that can suit a range of diets. This recipe, satisfying combination of pasta, lentils, and spinach (or other greens) is a longtime family Crushed red pepper flakes to taste (optional).