Rigatoni pasta pie. A pasta pie that hits your eye and your stomach thanks once again to Martha Stewart. Pour the meat sauce over the pasta. Push the meat down into the holes in the noodles as best you can.
Drain the pasta and place in a bowl with a little olive oil. Rigatoni with cheese and tomato sauce just tastes better as a pie! Learn how to make your own homemade rigatoni pasta pie with our Simply put, this homemade pasta pie is comfort food heaven. You can cook Rigatoni pasta pie using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Rigatoni pasta pie
- You need 1 lb of rigatoni pasta.
- You need 2 tablespoons of olive oil, divided.
- It’s 1 lb of ground beef.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves, crushed.
- You need 1 of ⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper.
- It’s 1 (28 ounce) of can good quality crushed tomatoes.
- You need of Butter for pan.
- Prepare of Salt.
- You need 1 cup of finely grated parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 8 ounces of coarsely grated mozzarella cheese.
Just rigatoni pasta, melted mozzarella cheese, marinara sauce, and fresh basil. The magic behind this elegant and eye-catching dish is actually really simple: layer rigatoni pasta stuffed with. Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen. Cook your pasta until slightly underdone.
Rigatoni pasta pie instructions
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta until slightly underdone (I cooked mine for 12 minutes when the box indicated 14 minutes). One pound of pasta should be cooked in 6 quarts of water, make sure you are using a big enough pot so the pasta doesn't stick together. When done, rinse in cold water and drain again. Toss pasta with 1 Tablespoon olive oil to coat. Set aside..
- Heat remaining 1 Tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground beef. Cook, stirring occasionally until browned. Add garlic, 1 teaspoon salt and pepper. Cook 2 minutes more..
- Add crushed tomatoes; simmer until thickened, about 20 minutes..
- Toss pasta with Parmesan cheese. Butter a 9-inch springform pan. Tightly pack pasta into pan, standing each piece on end. Spread meat sauce on top of pasta..
- Push the meat sauce into the pasta holes filling each one up. Stuffing the meat into the holes is a weirdly satisfying task. Enough said..
- Place in a 400 degree oven for 15 minutes. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top and bake another 10-15 minutes until cheese is golden. Remove from oven and let stand for 15 minutes. Run a knife around the edge to loosen and then unmold..
- Cut into wedges and serve with any remaining meat sauce you might have..
- Serve with garlic cheesy bread inside salad.
Pasta is a favorite dish of mine. (As if you couldn't tell by how I talk about it. You don't even have to say it. When I say Rigatoni Pasta Pie I always say it like Billy Crystal in When Harry Met Sally, when he and Meg Ryan. And all that separates you from a big ol' slice of this savory satisfaction is Perhaps the most laborious step to this eye-popping pasta pie is getting the rigatoni stacked in the. Rigatoni Pasta Pie in a Mug.