Pasta with Cherry Tomato Date Sauce. Make sure to heavily salt water before adding the pasta. This is the fastest, easiest way to make pasta sauce from scratch. The secret is using cherry tomatoes.
Simply cut them into pieces about the size of cherry. Use your summer crop of cherry tomatoes to make Chef John's recipe for cherry tomato sauce with penne pasta. Ended up adding it to another pasta sauce because I didn't want to waste my tomatoes. You can have Pasta with Cherry Tomato Date Sauce using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pasta with Cherry Tomato Date Sauce
- It’s 1/2 pound of penne pasta.
- Prepare 25 of cherry tomatoes halved.
- It’s 1/4 cup of white wine.
- You need 3 of dates diced.
- It’s 3 of gloves garlic sliced.
- You need 2 tablespoons of Olive oil.
- You need of Grated Parmesan cheese.
I definitely would not recommend this recipe. Cherry tomatoes are almost always sweeter, riper, and higher in pectin than larger tomatoes at the supermarket. All of these factors mean that cherry tomatoes are fantastic for making a rich, thick, flavorful pasta sauce. Cooking halved cherry tomatoes in olive oil until they burst condenses their flavor and caramelizes their edges, and makes a very intense base for the pasta sauce in this dish.
Pasta with Cherry Tomato Date Sauce step by step
- Boil water for pasta. Make sure to heavily salt water before adding the pasta..
- In large pan, heat olive oil over medium heat and add tomatoes and garlic.
- When tomatoes begin to release juices, add the dates to the pan.
- Add white wine and cook until alcohol is burned off.
- Add a ladle of pasta water to the pan and continue to cook until tomatoes break down.
- Strain pasta and add directly to the pan.
- Top with grated Parmesan cheese and enjoy!.
Cook over high heat until the pasta finishes cooking in the sauce. Add the butter and toss until it melts and coats everything. Full-flavored sauce with garlic, basil and olive The result is a sweet, luscious sauce that's amazing by itself with pasta, or delicious anywhere you need tomato sauce. This recipe for Cherry Tomato Sauce is super simple to make and is a great way to use up the fresh tomatoes from your garden! This easy, fresh pasta sauce with cherry tomatoes is a vibrant and deliciously healthy dish.