My Garlic Bacon Pasta. He said many times that "bacon garlic pasta must be cooked with real Italian ingredients, otherwise it never tastes like at mamma's"! Tomato Bacon Pasta is a quintessential example of how to make a quick pasta dish that's totally slurp-worthy with just a few ingredients. Note the order of steps – start the saute with bacon, then add onion and garlic, then deglaze the skillet with pasta water (I do this specifically – to ensure I get all.
The flavour is full although the ingredients are few. I brought this pasta to work as a side dish to accompany my weekday lunch salad. I cooked added the pasta in the same pan that I used to cook bacon and garlic so that's when it was incorporated for me. You can have My Garlic Bacon Pasta using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of My Garlic Bacon Pasta
- Prepare 1 tbsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 oz of angel hair pasta.
- You need 6-8 strips of bacon.
- You need 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- It’s 6 of garlic cloves, minced.
- You need of Fresh chopped parsley.
- You need of Grated parmesan cheese.
Farfalle pasta tossed with garlic lemon butter and topped with crispy bacon, parmesan cheese, fresh parsley, and crunchy pine nuts. Once pasta is drained, return to pot. Stir in garlic butter mixture into pasta. Place in bowls or plates and top with crispy bacon, parmesan.
My Garlic Bacon Pasta step by step
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, then add the salt and cook the pasta until done..
- Once the pasta is cooked reserve 2 1/2 cups of the pasta cooking water and then drain the pasta..
- Chop the bacon into smallish dice, add a tablespoon of the olive oil to a frying pan then cook the bacon over medium high for 4-5 minutes until crispy..
- Once the bacon is crisp, remove it from the pan using a slotted spoon, leaving the oil and bacon grease behind..
- Reduce the heat under the pan and add the remaining olive oil and the minced garlic. Stir constantly for 2 minutes and as soon as the garlic has softened but not yet colored, add 1/2 cup of the pasta cooking water and turn the heat back up..
- Boil this mixture for a minute then add in the now drained pasta, keeping the frying pan on the heat..
- Add a further 1/2 cup of pasta water and toss and stir the pasta in the sauce until it is cooked to your liking. You might need to add more pasta water..
- Once your garlic 'sauce' has coated the pasta, add the cooked bacon and any collected juices back into the pasta then season to taste. (Depending on the saltiness of your bacon you might need salt, add some pepper to.).
- Garnish with fresh parsley and grated parmesan. Also could add some capers to it..
Chicken and Bacon Pasta with Spinach and Tomatoes in Garlic Cream Sauce. In this Italian-inspired recipe, the chicken, penne pasta, and vegetables are smothered in creamy, homemade Alfredo sauce made with Parmesan cheese. Add them in frozen as you toss the pasta they will thaw quickly. Garlic Cloves: While not traditional you can of course add them in as raw. Here's what you need: bacon, shrimp, salt, black pepper, medium yellow onion, medium tomato, garlic, heavy cream, fettuccine, grated parmesan cheese, fresh Add the shrimp, salt, and pepper and cook until the shrimp is pink and opaque.