Chicken Mozzarella Pasta. One of my favorite, easiest pastas on the planet. Stir chunks of fresh mozzarella into the finished sauce and by the time you serve, it's. The hint of creaminess in the marinara sauce takes this dinner recipe to the next level!
Move the chicken around with tongs so the sauce is evenly covered over the base of. Mozzarella chicken is a simple weeknight dinner recipe! Mozzarella Chicken Foil Packets bursting with astonishingly juicy, flavorful chicken and tender ©Carlsbad Cravings by CarlsbadCravings.com. You can have Chicken Mozzarella Pasta using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Mozzarella Pasta
- Prepare of Sauce:.
- It’s 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- You need 1 of large zucchini, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1/2 of yellow onion, finely diced.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 can (28 oz.) of unsalted crushed tomatoes.
- You need 1 tsp. of each sugar, dried basil.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of each salt, pepper.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of dried oregano.
- Prepare 2 of heaping cups chopped spinach.
- You need of Pasta:.
- It’s 2 tbsp. of olive oil, divided.
- It’s 2 of boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces.
- You need 1 lb. of Penne pasta.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of shaved parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 8 oz. of fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into bite sized cubes.
Other than that my family loved it!!! I added a can of diced Italian tomatoes. Chicken Mozzarella pasta is a delicious combination of your favourite pasta, chicken mozzarella and chunky Easy Mozzarella Chicken in homemade tomato sauce is low carb and made in one skillet. Instantly access any of these printable activity bundles to One variation on our mozzarella chicken recipe is the Balsamic Baked Chicken Breast.
Chicken Mozzarella Pasta instructions
- Start by cooking the zucchini and getting the sauce ready. In a large pot, heat the olive oil. Cook the zucchini coins until they are just tender, then remove them to a plate and set them aside. If needed, add a bit more oil to the pot, then add the onion with a pinch of salt and cook, stirring often, until they have softened up. Stir in the garlic and cook another minute or so, until fragrant. Then pour in the crushed tomatoes and stir in the sugar and seasonings..
- Once the sauce begins to simmer, lower the heat and let it bubble gently. Heat a large pot of salted water over high heat. Once it boils, cook the penne pasta according to the package directions. Once the pasta is done, drain it, then return it to the pot and toss lightly with 1 tbsp of olive oil. Sprinkle the shaved parmesan over the pasta and set it aside..
- While your waiting on the pasta water to come to a boil, start the chicken. In a large, deep skillet, heat the remaining 1 tbsp of olive oil over med-high heat. Once it's hot, add the chicken to the skillet and season it with salt and pepper. Cook until it's all browned and completely cooked through. Then place your chicken over top of the pasta..
- Last, stir the spinach into the simmering sauce. Once it wilts down, stir the zucchini and mozzarella cheese cubes into it. Stir gently until the mozzarella begins to soften. Before it completely melts, remove the sauce from the heat and pour it over top of the chicken and pasta. Then serve..
How To: Hold a Chef's Knife. While the chicken parmesan bakes, add the pasta to the pot of boiling water. Delicious chicken and so quick and easy. I used chicken tenders to cut down on the cooking time, I I used low fat cheese and cut the chicken breasts in half for smaller servings. Chicken breasts are breaded, browned, topped with herbs, tomato sauce, and mozzarella cheese, then quickly finished in the oven.